June 2016, Volume 3 Issue 4 ISSN#2162-8092
JESS is a professionally reviewed academic journal which exclusively publishes original research articles written by high school students. Submissions are reviewed by college professors and research scientists, who are chosen based on their expertise in the area of science that each article addresses. Our mission is to teach students to write articles in the academically accepted format, promote student research, improve science literacy, and publish the most exceptional articles.
Loss of Mannose Phosphate Isomerase Induces p53 Mediated Apoptosis in a Zebrafish Model of Congenital Disorders of Glycosylation
Louis Lin1* and Jaime Chu2
Student1: Sanford H. Calhoun High School, Merrick, New York
Mentor2: Mount Sinai Hospital and School of Medicine, 1 Gustave L. Levy Place, New York, NY 10029
*Corresponding author: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Potential Treatment for Alzheimer's Disease: Encapsulation of Curcumin in Polymeric PLGA-PEG Nanoparticles Rescues Neuro2A cells from Beta-Amyloid Induced Cytotoxicity and Caspase Induced Apoptosis
Nikash Shankar1*, Chris Spenner2, Ibtisam Khalaf3, and Keith Vossel4
Student1, Teacher2: The Harker School, San Jose, CA
Mentor3: Schmahl Science, San Jose, CA
Mentor4: UCSF Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease, San Francisco, CA
*Corresponding author: email@example.com
The Effect of Temperature, Chelators, and Denaturants on the Activity of Botulinum Neurotoxin LC/A-424
Sydney Mason1* and Michael Krebs2
Student1: SEAP students, McDonogh School, 8600 McDonogh RD Owings Mills, MD 21117
Mentor2: USAMRICD, 3100 Ricketts Point Road Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21010
*Corresponding author: firstname.lastname@example.org
Determining the Potential Secondary Impacts Associated with Microorganismal Biodegradation of Microplastics in the Marine Environment
Mehr Kumar1* #, April Xie1*, and Jackie Curley2
Student, Teacher2: The Academy of Science, 21326 Augusta Drive, Sterling VA 20164
*These authors contributed equally
#Corresponding author: email@example.com
Publishing in JESS
• An article published in JESS is an outstanding addition to your college application! It will set you apart from other applicants and help improve your chances of getting into the college of your choice.
• Publishing in a prestigious journal will help you to gain internships in University labs. It shows professors that you have research experience, and that you will be a contributing member of the lab.
• Your work will be listed on multiple science databases that are viewed by research scientists world-wide.
• You will gain the invaluable experience of the publication process: submission > review > revision> publication.
• Articles published in JESS are read by teachers across the country, and have been incorporated into their classrooms to teach science literacy.